Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Die Mouse, Die!

Clint (my fiance) walked into my office the other day after he heard me groan loudly several times.  I had been having computer problems ALL day and was just at my wit's end (many who know me well can attest to the fact that I have some weird anti-computer force field...  Causes ANY computer within 5 feet to basically short circuit immediately haha)  Anyhow, I had just walked out of the office when I heard him say, "Have you lost your mind??"  I wandered back in to find him staring at my monitor in utter disbelief.  Hanging from the front of my monitor was what he thought to be my mouse.  It was straight up gallow/execution style with the mouse hanging from it's cord over the monitor.  He gave me the oddest look and said "What in the world is going on??  Are you okay?"

Now, it took me a minute to figure out what he was talking about, because for a photographer this is a completely normal situation.  (Now you're thinking "okay, Krista HAS in fact lost her mind...")  Hold up a sec, you don't have to call and cancel your shoot just yet...


All of us photog's have to calibrate our screens, printers, etc to insure that our color is consistent and accurate.  In order to do this, we use a color calibrator often to measure the color coming out of the monitor.  For whatever reason, the engineers apparently decided to make this device look almost EXACTLY like a computer mouse.  Thanks A LOT folks.  I mean, couldn't you make it any other shape?  I guess I never really thought twice about the fact that it looked pretty darn similar, that is, until this moment.  I looked at Clint and started laughing hysterically.  Lucky for me, he had failed to notice that my actual mouse was still sitting happily on the desk where it belonged... And I was able to explain my way out of this whole "situation".  Crisis averted... No trips to crazy-land today!

No comments: