Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Baby Rylan : In home newborn / lifestyle shoot : Nashville Photographer

Many of you know that I stopped shooting newborns a few years ago.  And when I made the decision, I sold all of my props, heating blankets, EVERYTHING.  I decided that it was not my cup of tea, and would rather refer out newborn shoots to friends of mine who were more qualified.  I know many of you have been dissappointed when I told you I couldn't do your kiddo's newborn session.... And I felt terrible turning so many of you away.  But I just felt I was not cut out for these type of sessions, and wasn't providing the highest quality of images that were possible.

Recently, I've started to toy with the idea of doing in-home lifestyle type newborn shoots.  This is way more up my alley.  No waiting hours for the baby to be asleep, no posing them in all kinds of crazy positions, and no more having to photoshop images together to "fake" a pose that isn't naturally possible.  I just adore soft, natural, beautiful newborn images... without all of the crazy poses.

That all being said, I decided to give it a shot... And the Baskin family had perfect timing with asking me to photograph their new baby, Miss Rylan.  I was SO excited to get to photograph this little sweetheart at her beautiful home in Green Hills.  Her family have been great clients of mine for a while, and I just knew this shoot would be amazing.  Reen has the most gorgeous taste in clothing, colors, and now that I've seen her home... Decor!  Everything about this session really could not have been better.  From the soft colors of their home and nursery, to the sweet outfits, to Rylan's adorable little expressions and laid back nature... It was perfection.

Congratulations on your new bundle of joy, y'all.  Thanks for letting me come hang out at home with you, I just ADORE the way these images turned out!!!!  See you soon!!  xoxo

~Krista


Rylan's grandma was nice enough to come hang out and help during the shoot.  I know she wasn't prepared to be in any photos, but I just could not help taking a few of her holding her new granddaughter.




 Big brother Macklen waiting to hold her  :)




LOVE this next image...

















 sleepy, sleepy...


No comments: