Monday, July 27, 2009

CMT Awards : Red Carpet

So, this post is LONG overdue but I guess as the old saying goes... Better late than never! As many of you know, I get to work with the fine folks over at CMT from time to time, and I was VERY honored to be hired to shoot the red carpet and award shots for the 2009 CMT Awards! I arrived a few hours early to secure my spot on the red carpet and boy, it was a hot day. It had just rained and for that reason they had enclosed the entire carpet with plastic tents. It was hotter than any sauna I had EVER been in, but the excitement of being in the middle of everything was so great I hardly noticed the heat. As the carpet opened, we photographed every celebrity coming through. Such celeb's included Taylor Swift, pretty much every country star imaginable (Alan Jackson, Naomi Judd, Gloriana, Zac Brown Band, Little Big Town, Rascal Flatts, and many more country artists) Michelle Branch, the B-52's, Luke Wilson (actor), and one of my personal favorites, Karolina Kurkova (Victoria's Secret model!)

After the red carpet closed and the show began, they ushered me to the back stage room where only myself and one other photographer were allowed. We then proceeded to photograph all of the winners one on one. It's one thing to shoot them on the red carpet, but a completely different dynamic when it is just me and them, trying to get a great photo. It was so much fun to meet and chat and photograph all of these folks and I was very surprised at how many non-country stars attended.

I SO WISH I could share all of these photos with you, unfortunately due to copyright and my agreement with CMT/MTV I am not allowed to publish any artist photos without their approval. Boooo!!! But hey, come stop by the studio sometime and I'll show you some really fun photos. And just to hold you over, here is a photo of moi, dripping in sweat waiting for the red carpet to open! (yeah I know... not NEARLY as exciting as a photo of Taylor Swift... You'll have to get over it.. Haha!) On that note, I'm going to bed... Have a great week ya'll! :) Krista


No comments: