Thursday, January 28, 2010

Where in the world is Krista??!

I am sure some of you have noticed that I have been MIA from the blog recently, so I wanted to give you all an update on what has been going on in my world!  Over the past month I have not been shooting as we have been remodeling the studio and the house.. Yes that's right .. Both.  At the same time.  I know, I'm crazy.. What's new!  Haha .. We have a really really cool plan for the studio that our friend Mary Inman (an interior designer at Studio 121) designed for us.  It is really coming together and I am very excited about how it is going to turn out.  To date, the studio has been mainly a working space rather than a showplace and I am sooo ready to have our space reflect our personality and work.  Stay turned for photos of the finished product! 
A few other fun facts about January... We all attended the PPA convention (Professional Photographer's of America) that was here in Nashville at the Opryland Convention Center.  It was 3 days of listening to amazing speakers, seeing the latest products, and updating ourselves on all of the coolest new goodies available for our cameras and for our customer albums.  We found some really smoking new albums that you are gonna LOVE. 

I have also been finding some reaaally cool props for all of my kiddo's out there.  I just managed to find TWO vintage baby scales on ebay that are going to be PERFECT for newborn shoots, and we are in the process of ordering new rockin' outfits for all of the toddlers to wear at their shoots.  Fun fun :)




And lastly, a bit of sad news.  I lost my beloved friend of 11 years this month, we had to put down my little Colby.  It all happened really fast, he was fine the morning of the 6th but by lunch time he was acting very strangely.  I could tell he wasn't feeling well so I immediately took him to the vet.  By the time we arrived at the vet's office, Colby was 7 degrees colder than what his body temp should have been and his gums were very pale.  I will spare you all of the awful details, but apparently his abdomen was filled with cancerous tumors, one ruptured, and he was bleeding to death internally.  It was horrible.  Colby has been by my side through thick and thin over the past decade and I am truly truly going to miss him.  He was a great dog with a one-of-kind personality and he will be greatly missed.


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of your dear Colby. I had to put my Madison to sleep in October after being my best friend for 15 years. Nothing will ever fill the hole in my heart, but I'm so grateful for the time I had with him.